Sunday, September 8, 2013

My Writing Journey


For the sake of anyone who has recently or will be visiting this blog any time soon, I have recently found myself in a dilemma as to whether to just post poetry or also periodic entries of my own thoughts. In thinking about the purpose of this blog and my love for writing, I realized that my writing abilities are also a journey.


I have found many times that I will sit down with a journal and what I originally intended to get out of myself comes out with a number of other random or somewhat meaningless thoughts.  I am not trying to suggest that what comes out of me is extremely confusing, but it's more that in the process of myself releasing and reflecting on what I need to, the result isn't always just a good piece of work.


I have also noticed that writing can go in a number of different directions for me, and it does not always start or finish as a solid, single piece.  I'll start writing in a journal and then part way through, start getting into poetry, and then go back into my own reflections.  I'm not sure if other writers find that this particular process happens the same way with them, but I thought I would share my own experiences in case it helps.  


So, I guess that from time to time, I may be putting entries in here that are more like journal entries of my journey in writing.  My intent in this blog is to put emphasis on writing as a release, not necessarily that it has to be poetry, but that any form of self-expression  is what is important.


For me, I do know that writing is a main outlet for anything that I need to release.  Poetry is a big part of it, but it is not the only avenue I use.  Sometimes I just need to write about how I feel or reflect on things that are happening, or examine the season of life that I am in.  I know that changes and choices in life are universal to everyone.  Hopefully I will be able to help others express how they feel about similar situations through my writings, whether they turn into poetry or are just my thoughts expressed in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment