Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dancing In the Ashes



As the long summer nights pass

I’m drawn into the open shadow of the evening as it falls.

My mind is left churning and awake, yet still.

The stiff solidness of the air against my skin grants me the ability to once again close my eyes and dream.

Dream as though I wanted to fly, dream as though I wanted to laugh, dream as though I wanted to shout.  And as I continue to dream, my mind wanders off into the clouds of the cold night sky. 

It seems as though time could stand still forever, or maybe just a day.  I’m lifted up into the draping of the night across the land as it envelops the souls below.  I’m drawn into the whisper of secrets as they are expelled and go bounding through.  I now know what exists in this place above the earth.

The lewd acts of the dancing principalities.  They wash ashore as though the heavens were purging their very makeup.  It simmers up against the flesh of those who want to dream and be free and soar in the midst of evil.  That is what the human spirit was made to do.  Whether this can be fulfilled, time will tell.  Time evokes change as humans allow it. 

And sometimes even the most daring of dreams has to stand its ground





Copyrighted © by Lisa Wick, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment